Geoscience Library of Applied Technology Terms and Conditions
as to Offered Content
The Geoscience Library of Applied Technology (“GLAT”) presents a collection of archival material, which includes images, related to the practice of Environmental and Engineering Geology, as well as certain other closely applied disciplines of Geology and Engineering.
Contents of the library have been voluntarily identified, contributed, and digitally scanned and are presented as a free-of-charge service to these professions, for the betterment of people and for stewardship of the environment, world wide.
Note: the term “EULA” stands for “End-User License Agreement“.
Contributions of materials (English language only, please) and support funds are solicited from all peoples, world-wide. The AEG Foundation (“AEGF”) welcomes your financial support of the GLAT. United States federal income tax payers can make a tax-deductible donation to this effort by clicking on the secure “Donate Now” button below.
By using the GLAT, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions (EULA) which apply to use of this website. Please review the following provisions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use this Site. This Agreement may be amended at any time from time to time by us without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
1. Persons who use the GLAT (“Users”) are responsible for the manner in which the contents of GLAT are interpreted and used by such individuals.
2. Not all documents in GLAT have been formally peer-reviewed. Users are responsible for evaluating the scientific and technical validity and accuracy of the contents of GLAT materials as well as the opinions expressed by authors of the materials.
3. Conclusions, opinions, and recommendations of the authors of the documents are those of the author(s) alone and are not necessarily endorsed by the AEGF.
4. Documents and associated materials have historical utility or importance in demonstrating the state of scientific knowledge at the time of their publication, but the state of scientific and other technical knowledge progresses and changes over time. Users of GLAT are personally responsible for their understanding and use of the materials in the GLAT.
5. GLAT is a work of continual progress and development. GLAT contents do not represent a complete set of references applicable to any particular subject or issue. GLAT reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing in the GLAT.
6. GLAT presents documents and other materials as submitted or prepared by the persons who contributed such materials. Reasonable efforts are made to reproduce true and complete copies of source material, but the Users are responsible for ascertaining the completeness, reproductive accuracy, and applicability of any document viewed. Users may need to take into account extraneous markings, notes, and the names of original or subsequent owners of the documents in the GLAT. Quality of the original item may affect the quality of the digital reproduction of the item and the Users’ ability to use the resource item. Users assume all risk associated with variations in quality and completeness of digital reproductions presented by GLAT.
7. The information from or through the Site is provided “as is,” “as available,” and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including, but not limited to, the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. We and our affiliated parties have no liability whatsoever for your use of any information or service. In particular, but not as a limitation thereof, we and our affiliated parties are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The negation of damages set forth above is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain between us and you. This Site and the information would not be provided without such limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the Site shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed. We will not be liable to you for any incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind that may result from use of or inability to use our Site. Our maximum liability to you under all circumstances will be equal to the purchase price you pay for any goods, services or information.
8. Reference in the GLAT to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by AEGF or any of their employees/contracts. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of AEGF or their employees/contractors, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
9. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The commercial copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited. Users do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
All Web sites and electronic publications must follow AEGF and legal standards regarding copyright. In general, Web publishers must secure permission from the owner of the copyright when including copyrighted or trademarked material, such as text, photographs, audio, video, graphics, maps, or logos, and include a permission statement or disclaimer.
10. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold AEGF, AEG and their partners, officers, directors, attorneys, staff, employees and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
12. The Site contains links to other Web sites. AEGF is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on this Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by AEGF. If you decide to leave this Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.